|Crooked Tree Cottage|
R430 to R695
per person sharing
|Type:||Bed and Breakfast (B&B), Self Catering (6 rooms/units)|
|Child Policy:||Children are charged as adults.|
|Check in/out:||2:00 PM (in) 10:00 AM (out)|
|Reviews:||(8 customer reviews)|
Pictures of Crooked Tree Cottage (15 pictures)
Crooked Tree Cottage is a mere 10 minutes walk from Umhlanga's main beach. Enjoy lovely sea views from the cottage. There are 6 rooms all ensuite. Each room has its own TV with DSTV comm Selection and DVD player. The Cottage lounge has full DSTV. There is a kitchen for those who wish to book the entire 3 bedroomed cottage and self cater.
Additionally the there are 3 studio self catering units that can accommodate 2 guests per unit.
Crooked Tree is 5 minutes away from Gateway shopping centre for those discerning shopaholics. There is also easy access to both the M4 and the main highway giving easy access to all parts of Durban and Kwazulu Natal.
Room info & pricing please note that low season rates are shown in brackets
Map & Directions use controls on map to zoom/pan etc
39 Hilken Drive
Latitude: -29°43"22.43' (-29.722897)
Longitude: 31°4"51.13' (31.080870)
|Directions: DIRECTIONS - M4 (from Durban)
1) Travel north on the M4.
2) Take the Umhlanga off ramp.
3) Turn left away from Umhlanga Village up the hill.
4) At the first traffic light turn right.
5) Follow the road around to the right and go the end of the road.
6) At the T-junction stop street, turn left into Hilken Drive.
7) Follow the road around to the right to number 39 Hilken Drive, Crooked Tree Cottage on the right hand side of the road.
DIRECTIONS - N2 (from Airport)
1) Take the N2 highway SOUTH to Durban and travel for approx 3-5 min
2) Take the Umdloti off ramp.
3) Turn left and continue 500m.
4) Take on-ramp to the right onto the M4 and head in the direction of Durban.
5) Go straight thru the Sibaya traffic circle and continue until the Umhlanga off-ramp.
6) At the stop sign turn right and proceed over the M4 bridge and continue for 300m.
7) At the first traffic light turn right.
8) Follow the road around to the right and go the end of the road.
9) At the T-junction stop street, turn left into Hilken Drive.
10) Follow the road around to the right to number 39 Hilken Drive, Crooked Tree Cottage on the right hand side of the road.
DIRECTIONS –N3 (from Johannesburg)
1) Travel to Durban on the N3 through the Marian hill Toll plaza travel until you pass the pavilion Shopping centre.
3) About 0.5 km past the shopping centre, take the N2 north to Stanger off ramp.
4) Travel for approx 10-15 min.
5) Take the Umhlanga off ramp.
6) Turn right onto the bridge over the N2 highway.
7) Take second off ramp-just past the arched white bridge-to Umhlanga Rocks Drive/ Umhlanga Hospital and turn left.
8) Go straight thru 2 traffic circles and follow the road to Royal Palm Avenue-approx 1 km past the second traffic circle-turn right.
9) At the water feature circle turn left, then first right into Pearl Drive.
10) At the bottom of Pearl Drive – the stop street - you are facing Crooked Tree Cottage, brown picket fence.
Reviews (see all 8 reviews)
Top notch- Wow!
Mr Gallinetti 24 July 2012 I had the pleasure in staying in the Crooked Tree Cottage B&B.
The hands on hospitality by the owners is not seen very often in these days. Always helpful and accommodating in everything I required.
The rooms have top finishes it would be fitting to call this a luxury establishment. At the rates charged I did not expect such upmarket accommodation.
I have stayed there twice now and will most certainly return there when next required.
very friendly host
Mr Ernst 30 April 2012 We stayed for six days in crooked tree cottage. Everything was nice and clean, Umhlanga seemed to be quite safe and we had a pleasant stay. But most of all, our host, Helen Oehler, was outstanding friendly and provided us with maps and helped us with repairing the car etc. We definitely recommend this place.
Attractions & landmarks
|Umhlanga Main beach||1|
|Durban City Centre||12|
|Ushaka Marine World||15|
|Umfolozi Game Reserve||127|
|Mt Edgecombe Golf course||5|
|La Mercy Microlighting||9|
|Hawaan Forest Walk Unhlanga||3|
|Gateway Theatre of shopping||2|
- Local Tourism Bureau
- At the Beach
- Wining & Dining
- Continental Breakfast served
- Breakfast served
- Breakfast on request
- Caters for Vegetarian
- Leisure facilities
- Bird Watching
- Braai / Barbecue
- Communal TV
- Communal Satellite TV
- Swimming Pool
- Walking / Hiking
- Business & conferencing
- Photocopy Machine
- General Facilities
- Cots available
- Family friendly
- Gay friendly
- No Pets allowed
- Secure off-street parking
- Parking available
- Safe available
- Smoking permitted
- No smoking
- In all rooms
- Air Conditioning
- Internet Ready
- Tea and Coffee
- Bed Linen supplied
- In some rooms
- Bar Fridge
- Iron & Ironing board
- Satellite TV
- No Smoking