Rickety Bridge Winery


With a wine making history dating back to the 17th century, Rickety Bridge nestles against the slopes of the Franschhoek Mountains overlooking the majestic Wemmershoek Mountain range. The estate was first part of the original La Provence farm granted to the first French Huguenots who settled in Oliphantshoek and renamed the area, Franschhoek. In 1797 the land which is now known as Rickety Bridge wine estate was granted to the widow, Paulina De Villiers.

Visitors to Rickety Bridge can taste their range of wines in a relaxed environment overlooking vineyards and mountains. Group bookings, cellar tours and wine blending on request. Open for wine tastings seven days a week from 10h00.

Paulina’s restaurant, named after the original owner, offers a seasonally changing menu of fresh bistro style dishes – perfect for a long, leisurely lunch while relaxing with a glass of wine and enjoying the view. Open for lunch seven days a week, and for dinner Thurs, Fri and Sat in the summer months.

The estate is also a popular wedding venue, and offers luxury accommodation in the Rickety Bridge Manor House.

For further details, please visit www.ricketybridgewinery.com or telephone +27 21 876 2129.

Map of Rickety Bridge Winery