Gauteng, otherwise known as the 'Place of Gold', is the smallest yet most fast-paced of the nine South African provinces. Rich in culture and heritage as well as in gold, Gauteng is a diverse melting pot.
Gold was first discovered in Gauteng on the Witwatersrand in 1886 and subsequently led to one of the biggest and most productive mining centers in the world. The main cities of Johannesburg and Pretoria are the main commercial and industrial centers in South Africa. Gauteng is a bright, vibrant and multicultural hub whose bright city lights attract fast, urban young professionals.
Gauteng offers a wife array of excellent accommodation from big city hotels to quiet country lodges, live entertainment and theatre, international and local cuisine, whirlwind shopping malls and sports facilities.
In Johannesburg visitors may choose to take in the Johannesburg Art Gallery and Market Theatre Complex, Sandton City, Gold Reef City or experience a tour of Soweto. In Pretoria various historical and cultural buildings can be seen such as the Voortrekker Monument and the Union Buildings.
Articles about Gauteng
- 24 Hours in Joburg
- 24 Hours in Pretoria
- Joburg Organic Markets
- Bungee Jumping in Joburg
- The Bioscope Independent Cinema in Joburg
- Four Getaways Near Joburg
- Hot Air Ballooning Near Joburg
- 20 Great Ideas for Kids in Joburg
- Joburg's Inner-city Nature Reserve
- 10 Budget Getaways near Joburg
- The Perfect Escape in Magaliesburg
- South Africa's 8 World Heritage Sites
- Don't Miss Out on Making Family Memories
- Relaxing stay at the Faircity Quatermain Hotel
- 10 Top Valentine’s Stays Near Joburg
- 9 Budget Getaways near Joburg
- 9 Country stays near Joburg
- Five weekend breaks near Joburg
- 7 Lovely farm stays near Joburg
- 7 Great on the water stays near Joburg
- 9 Romantic Stays near Joburg