Magaliesberg is a small village situated at the southern base of a magnificent range of mountains also known as the Magaliesberg. Home to a wide variety if birds; nature lovers, birders and hikers will fall in love with this beautiful area and its valleys, rivers and lush woodland. Country guest houses and lodges spoil you with genuine hospitality as you visit the art and craft stores, or take a hot air balloon and enjoy the beautiful vistas in the area.
Some of the earliest species of primitive man lived in this area, and a visit to the Sterkfontein Caves is a must. The caves are the ideal place to learn about these primitive people and their way of life. New paths have recently been built to take you past the excavation site of Mrs Ples who was found here in 1947. The Magaliesberg area is also the perfect area to go paragliding or micro-lighting while those interested in more history will be enthralled by the Blaaubank Gold Mine and its tour through the corridors of time.
Articles about Magaliesburg
- Magaliesburg Steam Train
- Kloofing in the Magaliesberg
- A Slice of France in the Magaliesburg
- The Perfect Escape in Magaliesburg
- Family Farm Stay in Magaliesburg
- 9 Country stays near Joburg
- Five weekend breaks near Joburg
- 7 Lovely farm stays near Joburg
- 9 Romantic Stays near Joburg
- 5 Awesome pet friendly stays near Joburg
- Affordable, Family accommodation near Joburg