The peninsula is situated on the south-western point of the African continent and extends some 75 kilometres into the Atlantic Ocean. From the beaches of Table Bay to the breath-taking views of Cape Point, the Cape Peninsula is a diverse mix of city life and spectacular natural beauty.
Highlights of the area include taking a cable car to the top of Table Mountain with its beautiful panoramic views of the peninsula. Travel further south to the breath-taking Cape Point, or spend a day lazing on one of the beautiful beaches of the Cape in the warm sun.
The Cape Peninsula has a vibrant nightlife that caters for many different people and includes 7 of the top 10 restaurants in South Africa. Whether you enjoy cosmopolitans and mojitos in trendy beach bars, or relaxed picnics in the beautiful Kirstenbosch gardens, you will be sure to find something to keep you entertained.
Articles about Cape Peninsula
- Green Point Park
- Extreme Adventures in Cape Town
- Hiking From Silvermine Reserve to Echo Valley
- Know Your Country - Table Mountain, Cape Town
- A Seaside Gem in Gordon's Bay
- Bikinis and Bungalows - the History of Clifton Beach
- Your Two Oceans Marathon Guide
- 12 Budget Stays in Cape Town
- Simon's Town - Just Nuisance and Other Stories
- Charming Break at the Foot of Chapman's Peak